Body composition analysis is essential to completely understand health and weight as traditional methods of assessing health, such as BMI, can be misleading. Going beyond your bathroom scale, body composition analysis breaks down your body into four components: fat, lean body mass, minerals, and body water.
No other device in the world can perform in the way that the InBody device can. The InBody line of body composition analyzers is the most advanced, accurate and precise line of BIA devices because of InBody’s four core technologies.
Call to schedule your InBody Analysis today:
What You Need to Know Before You Test
- People with artificial electrical implants such as a defibrillator or pacemaker should not be tested. The electrical currents of the InBody may disrupt the functionality of life-sustaining implants.
- If you are pregnant, you should consult a doctor prior to testing.
- Women who are on their menstrual cycle may not obtain accurate results due to subtle changes in their hydration and body water levels.
Prior to Testing, Avoid:
- Exercising 6-12 hours prior
- Eating 3-4 hours prior
- Consuming alcohol or caffeine 24 hours prior
- Using a shower or sauna
- Using lotion or ointment on hands or feet
Prior to Testing, Do:
- Hydrate well the day before
- Stand upright for at least 5 minutes
- Use the bathroom
- Remove socks, shoes, stockings, heavy clothing, metal objects (watches, jewelry, belts, etc.)
- Warm up for 20 minutes if testing in cold weather