YWCA Clinton Update – May 26, 2020
YWCA Clinton has made a tentative plan for a slow, phased re-opening of our fitness facilities.
Effective June 1st:
Swim Lesson Sign Up Week June 1-June 7th (lessons begin June 8)
Pool open for lap swim-length (72-foot length of the pool) and lap swim-width (30-foot width of pool)
NO SAUNA AND HOT TUB
Locker rooms open-closed for cleaning from 8:00AM-9:00AM and 2:00PM-3:00PM
Men's locker room – Only 10 people in the locker room at a time, 2 people at a time in the comman shower area
Women's locker room – Only 10 people in the locker room at a time, 2 people at a time in the common shower area
Hours: Monday – Friday, 5AM – 8PM
YWCA Clinton Update – April 30, 2020
May 11 -Limited opening of facilities -detailed guidelines below. Masks must be worn while in facilities.
June 1 – Tentative open date for YWCA Clinton pool.
No swimming lessons until further notice.
Childcare available – continued curbside drop-off/pick-up
Please continue reading for full details for program and facilities updates.
The health and safety of our YWCA family and community continues to be our top priority.
Below is a list of operational changes we have implemented. We thank you for your continued patience and cooperation as we navigate this together.
- YWCA Clinton strives to take proactive measures to diminish the spread of flu or coronavirus.
- We are following CDC guidelines, along with recommendations from the Iowa Department of Public Health and the Iowa Department of Human Services.
We will continue to provide the following essential services to help working families and others as needed:
- Continue to provide K-5 Kids Camp to serve working families. Please call 563-212-4001 for more information. We are currently enrolling for K-5 childcare and summer camp, 6 am-5:30 pm. Extended care is available until midnight.
- Continue to provide licensed Child Care at YWCA Children’s Centers at to serve working families.
- We will continue to provide childcare openings for essential workers. Please call 563-244-8340 for openings.
- Continue to provide services for our most vulnerable homeless and near homeless individuals and families through the YWCA Empowerment Center. Please call 1-833-849-8976 or 563-242-2118 if you are in need.
- Work closely with county and state health departments and CDC for guidance and recommendations.
To ensure the safety or our members, staff, and guests:
- As of May 11, 2020, the YWCA will be open from 5:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. We will consider adding weekend hours at a later date, tentatively in June.
- YWCA Staff will be available for general phone calls from 5:00 am to 7:00 pm Monday through Friday.
- All staff and patrons using common areas will be required to wear a mask at all times. (Members will need to bring in their own masks for their personal use).
- Temperatures will be taken of all who enter the facility. Anyone with a fever will not be permitted to use the facility.
- All entering facility will be required to maintain a physical distance of 6 feet.
- Those who have symptoms or have family members who are experiencing symptoms will not be permitted to enter the facility.
- Signs are posted advising of symptoms and best practices to stay healthy.
- All in-person meetings and events are cancelled until further notice.
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting will take place throughout the day based on posted schedule.
- All YWCA Clinton employees in good health have been recalled back to work. Supervisors are scheduling rotating schedules and work-from-home opportunities where available.
- Please see signs for other precautions that are required upon entry to the facility.
- Curb-side drop-off will be maintained for the Childcare and Youth programs. To reduce traffic, parents should continue NOT to enter the facility.
- Our fitness facilities will open on May 11, 2020.
- You must be a member to use the facility. Day passes will not be sold.
- New memberships will be accepted. Call 242-2110 for more information.
- The YWCA pool is tentatively scheduled to open on June 1, 2020. More details will be provided as that date approaches.
- Locker rooms will be closed until further notice.
- No babysitting room services until further notice.
- An amended fitness class schedule may be available starting June 1, 2020 based on health of our community and instructor availability.
- The Cardio Room, Multi-Purpose Room, and Fitness Center will be open with 36 square feet areas marked for personal use.
- All patrons will be required to spray down equipment BOTH before and after use.
- Anyone not following these procedures will receive one warning and on the second warning will be barred from using the facility.
- As stated above, all staff and patrons using common areas will be required to wear a mask at all times. However, masks are not required while members are in their personal 36 square feet areas. (Members will need to bring in their own masks for their personal use).
- Memberships were frozen effective March 17, 2020. Monthly EFT’s were frozen through May. We will resume EFT’s on June 1, 2020. Financial assistance is available for those who qualify, call 242-2110.
- Swim lessons are cancelled until further notice.
Childcare & Youth
- Staff and children with symptoms of COVID-19 are required to stay home.
- Upon check-in, we will be taking temperatures of children. Children found with a temperature greater than 100 degrees will not be allowed into the program.
- Increased handwashing throughout the day.
- Increased activities with social distancing where possible.
- Implementing curbside drop off. We are notifying parents to please drop off / pick up at the childcare back entrance by the library.
- Sending written notification home with parents, staff and children on signs and symptoms and best practices.
- Extra cleaning and disinfecting precautions are being implemented in addition to regular procedures.
Empowerment Center – Homelessness and Near Homeless Services
- Clients will continue to be served via phone. Please call 1-833-849-8976 or 563-242-2118 if you are in need.
- All events are cancelled until further notice.
- Registration is still open for the Clinton Half Marathon…we hope to see you healthy & safe on September 13th. Stay posted.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we closely monitor this fluid situation and uncharted territory. We will reevaluate and assess next steps as needed.
Our hearts are warmed by all the kindness and compassion that our community has shown in this time of need. We truly are in this together! Thank you for your continued patience, understanding and support. We miss you all, and hope to see you soon, safe & healthy!
YWCA Executive Director