YWCA Clinton Update – March 17, 2020
At YWCA Clinton, the health and safety of our community is our top priority. With the rapidly growing concern about the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) YWCA Clinton strives to take proactive measures to diminish the spread of flu or coronavirus.
We are following CDC guidelines, along with recommendations from the Iowa Department of Public Health and the Iowa Department of Human Services. We are closely monitoring this fluid situation and will assess next steps as more information comes to light.
Below is a list of operational changes we have implemented. We recognize the burden these changes may place on employees, members and our community, and we thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation as we navigate these challenging times together.
Your understanding, flexibility, and support are very much appreciated as we move forward as a community.
We will continue to provide the following essential services to help working families and others as needed:
- Continue to provide K-5 Spring Break Camp to serve working families through April 16, 2020. Please call 563-212-4001 for more information.
- Continue to provide licensed Child Care at YWCA Children’s Centers at to serve working families.
- Provide childcare openings for essential workers as we have openings available and proper staffing levels. Please call 563-244-8340 for openings.
- Continue to provide services for our most vulnerable homeless and near-homeless individuals and families through the YWCA Empowerment Center. Please call 1-833-849-8976 or 563-242-2118 if you are in need.
- Work closely with county and state health departments and CDC for guidance and recommendations.
To ensure the safety or our members, staff, and guests:
- Employees, children, and guests who have symptoms or have family members who are experiencing symptoms will not be permitted to enter the facility.
- Signs have been posted advising of symptoms and best practices to stay healthy.
- All meetings and events will be cancelled through April 16, 2020, unless otherwise notified.
- YWCA Staff will be available for general phone calls from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday through Friday.
- Due to the Governor’s mandate and for the health and safety of our community, our fitness facilities and our pool will close until further notice.
- We will freeze all memberships effective March 17, 2020. Monthly EFT’s will also be frozen until we are able to open the facilities.
Swim Lessons – are cancelled this session effective immediately.
- Following our written policy to mirror school closings, lessons are cancelled effective immediately.
- Full-pay lessons will receive a credit of 50% of their fee to apply to future swim lessons.
Childcare & Youth
- Staff and children with symptoms of COVID-19 are required to stay home.
- Upon check-in, we will be taking temperatures of children. Children found with a temperature greater than 100 degrees will not be allowed into the program.
- Increased handwashing throughout the day.
- Increased activities with social distancing where possible.
- Implementing curbside drop off. We are notifying parents to please drop off / pick up at the childcare back entrance by the library.
- Sending written notification home daily with parents, staff and children on signs and symptoms and best practices.
- Extra cleaning and disinfecting precautions are being implemented in addition to regular procedures.
- In classrooms with low ratios, staff will be asked to reduce hours. If this creates a hardship, staff may notify their supervisor to request work in other departments where they may assist with cleaning or pick up other shifts as they become available.
Empowerment Center – Homelessness and Near Homeless Services
- Clients will continue to be served by appointment only and under social distancing practices. Where possible most of the intake process will be completed via phone.
- Oodles of Noodles planned for March 26, 2020 is cancelled until further notice.
- Woman of Achievement event may be rescheduled for a future date. Woman of Achievement voting deadline is still in effect.
- All senior socials have been cancelled.